Aldona Pietrzak to join in the conference “Impact of Legislative Amendments on Abuse Risk Management in a Capital Group”
The conference entitled “Impact of Legislative Amendments on Abuse Risk Management in a Capital Group” will be held on 7-8 October at the Westin in Warsaw.
The legislative Act regarding liability of collective entities and the legislative Act regarding special compensatory liability of the dominant entity, along with the recent round of amendments to the Polish Criminal Code, are bound to have extensive implications for the operations of business enterprises – especially from the perspective of departments charged with managing abuse risk and compliance within capital groups. This event, organised by MMC Polska, will assemble experts who will endeavour to address the practical implications of the various legislative changes and discuss the features of a model abuse risk management system.
The specific topics discussed will include:
- The legislative Act regarding liability of collective entities and its impact on the scope of liability within capital groups;
- The draft legislative Act regarding special compensatory liability of the dominant entity, consequences of its adoption;
- The most important amendments of Polish criminal law;
- Whistleblower protection – imminent changes;
- Structuring of an effective abuse risk management system within a capital group.
Aldona Pietrzak, partner in GESSEL, will lead a panel entitled “Contracts between companies within a capital group – Selected issues”, discussing:
- The risks entailed in execution of cooperation agreements among capital group entities;
- The features of cooperation agreements between a dominant entity and a subsidiary;
- Specific contract clauses facilitating cooperation;
- Compliance with respect to the HR aspects.
For more information about the event (in Polish) and about registration, please see the website https://www.mmcpolska.pl/kalendarz-wydarzen/wplyw-zmian-prawnych-na-zarzadzanie-ryzykiem-naduzyc-w-grupie-kapitalowej and the conference brochure https://www.mmcpolska.pl/files/manager/file-8b46174fd2cc769caf79ae6ed0f02b87.pdf
We hope to see you there !