Bernadeta Kasztelan-Świetlik to participate in the conference entitled “UOKiK proceedings – Relations between the authority and business” organised by MMC Polska
On 16-17 September 2019, the Westin Hotel in Warsaw will be the venue of a conference devoted to Polish Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) proceedings involving business enterprises, organised by MMC Polska.
The main focus of the conference will be the rights and duties of business enterprises vis a vis UOKiK. It is addressed to managers, directors, to legal, compliance and planning/strategy specialists, and to consultants. Individual workshops will be devoted to:
- Audits and searches – preparations, procedure;
- UOKiK proceedings – protecting collective consumer interests;
- Safeguarding business secrets in the context of antitrust proceedings;
- Clarificatory proceedings in practice;
- Antitrust proceedings - rights and duties of business enterprises.
In the course of the conference, Bernadeta Kasztelan-Świetlik will lead a panel entitled "Safeguarding business secrets in antitrust proceedings vs the open character of UOKiK’s mandate – Practical aspects", providing professional insights into:
- The risk associated with passing on information for purposes of proceedings pending before other authorities (e.g. to the public prosecution service or to the tax authorities);
- UOKiK information policy with respect to pending proceedings (consumer warnings, announcements of initiation of proceedings, court verdicts).
For more information about the conference and about registration, please visit: https://www.mmcpolska.pl/kalendarz-wydarzen/postepowania-uokik-relacje-pomiedzy-przedsiebiorstwami-a-urzedem and view the conference brochure (in P17olish): https://www.mmcpolska.pl/files/manager/file-f46946faad64f878956aac702d2235ca.pdf.
We hope to see you there !