Dorota Bryndal appointed to the Copyright Commission
On 26 May 2017, the Minister of Culture and National Heritage appointed Dorota Bryndal, head of GESSEL’s intellectual property law practice, as an arbitrator of the Copyright Commission, a body assembling the greatest authorities in Polish copyright law.
The main tasks of the Copyright Commission include approval of fees for use of copyrighted works.
The Copyright Commission is also charged with:
- Considering proposed changes to the fees for use of copyrighted works and objects of neighbouring rights;
- Adjudicating disputes concerning application and collection of fees for use of copyrighted works and objects of neighbouring rights;
- Adjudicating disputes between cable network operators and collective copyright management bodies concerning re-broadcast of radio and television programming in cable networks;
- Defining the competent collective copyright management body in cases where the copyright holder does not belong to any such organisation or has not identified herself and there is more than one collective copyright management body active in the given field of use;
- Considering cases concerning recreation of files and supplementing or correcting previous decisions of the Copyright Commission;
- Issue of interpretations of Copyright Commission decisions.