Julia Trzmielewska to address a conference on New requirements for investment fund societies and distributors under MIFID II
The conference entitled New requirements for investment fund societies and distributors under MIFID II, organised by MMC Polska, will be held on 28-29 May, with Julia Trzmielewska of GESSEL leading a panel on the ESMA guidelines from 5 February 2018 on the duties of producers and distributors.
The conference aims to discuss issues such as:
- Operations of investment funds in light of the new regulations
- Distribution of remuneration
- Participation unit categories
- The respective duties of producers and distributors in investment funds
The conference promises to be a worthwhile event for persons interested in how regulations enacted in implementation of the Act on trading in financial instruments will affect the operations of investment fund societies and in the new legislative requirements binding upon distributors of investment products and services.
Julia Trzmielewska will lead the final panel of the two-day conference, opening with a presentation on:
- Definition of the potential target market by the producer and the distributor – applicable categories;
- Definition and assessment of the target market by the distributor: interactions with investment services;
- The relationship between a producer’s distribution strategy and his definition of the target market;
- Regular reviews by the producer and the distributor so as to duly assess whether the products and services are reaching the target market;
- Delineation of the respective duties of investment funds and distributors – case studies.
For a detailed programme of the conference, please visit: 05-28-dzialalnosc-tfi-zgodnie-z-ustawa-o-obrocie-instrumentami-finansowymi-km1017_broszura_v6