Leszek Koziorowski to join the debate entitled “Shareholder Register | Mandatory dematerialisation of shares”
At 17:30 on 29 January, the Warsaw Stock Exchange will host a debate focused on mandatory dematerialisation of shares. The legislative changes introducing this duty indubitably amount to a major issue for joint stock companies, their shareholders, and their counsel; thus, it is understandable that the topic has already engendered lively debate and many questions in the market community. Devising a manner of going which ensures compliance with the new rules is becoming a matter of pressing concern.
The debate will be chaired by Bartosz Krzesiak of Dom Maklerski Navigator S.A., and the participants will include Leszek Koziorowski of GESSEL, Agnieszka Gontarek of GPW S.A., Paweł Mardas of Kancelaria Kochański i Partnerzy, Piotr Maciej Kamiński, member of the Supervisory Board of Platige Image S.A., and Barbara Nowakowska of the Polish Private Equity and Venture Capital Association.
The questions raised will include:
- Is there any alternative to mandatory share dematerialisation ?
- Consequences entailed by the legislative changes for companies and for their shareholders
- The perspective of the public company
- Preparing a shareholders register – practical issues
- The shareholders register as a freely accessible document
- The register certificate – doubts in the context of a General Meeting
- The role of the brokerage house
- Potential risks and points of contention in the context of the shareholders register (the company, the Management Board, the shareholders, the entity maintaining the register, others)
- Potential impact on development of the Polish equities market, on the number of IPOs on the Warsaw Stock Exchange
For more information, please visit: www.personalities.pl/