Awards and rankings
In the field of litigation, GESSEL was highly ranked by Polish and international rankings.
Dr Beata Gessel-Kalinowska vel Kalisz every year receives an individual recommendation as a „Leading Individual” in Dispute Resolution category of the prestigious ranking Legal 500. Piotr Schramm, who headed GESSEL’s litigation practice, named in the Dispute Resolution section of Legal 500 in 2017, 2018 and 2020.
GESSEL Team was recommended, among others in Dispute Resolution category.
- ‘The department is comprised of lawyers renowned in the Polish market, among clients and adversaries alike.‘
- ‘They do not shrink from even the most challenging cases, offering incisive solutions and innovative strategies which go to the heart of the issue.‘
- ‘The net effect is that, thanks to our counsel at the firm, our clients won precedent-setting judgments and were spared the (significant) cost of enforcement proceedings.’
Dr Beata Gessel-Kalinowska vel Kalisz annualy receives recommendations Chambers Global in Dispute resolution: Most in Demand Arbitrators category, since 2016.
- Sources praises her inquisitive style and efficiency as well as strong business sense, and also her activity in the field of promoting Polish arbitration: Dr Beata Gessel-Kalinowska vel Kalisz has placed Poland on the stage of international arbitration.
Dr Beata Gessel-Kalinowska vel Kalisz receives recommendations in the Chambers Europe Dispute resolution: Most in Demand Arbitrators since 2014.
GESSEL is recommended in Dispute Resolution category.
- ‘She acted for many years as a transactional lawyer, so has a good focus on the deals and how to settle them,‘
- ‘She is very much business-oriented. She helps to settle a dispute effectively.‘
Dr Beata Gessel-Kalinowska vel Kalisz is recommended in 2019 in the field of Litigation & Arbitration by the Rzeczpospolita Law Firm Ranking (previously recommended in the field of mergers and acquisitions).
GESSEL was recommended in International Disputes category (new category).
In 2018, Dr Beata Gessel-Kalinowska vel Kalisz has been awarded the prestigious title “Lawyer of Three Decades”. The award recipients were selected by a panel convened under the auspices of the Polish Union of Private Employers and of the Rzeczpospolita daily.