For more than 30 years, he has been advising companies investing and operating in the hospitality market as well as sports organizations at home and abroad. Author of lectures and training events for lawyers working with entities in the sports and recreation sectors.
Ludwik began his permanent cooperation with GESSEL in 2017. Prior to that, he led his own firm under the shingle Żukowski and Partner since 1996. He specializes in legal services for commercial and, in particular, hotel and tourism investments in the Polish market – in physical assets as well as equity.
He has co-authored many regulations and operational manuals for hotel employees and sports associations.
Acts as a Polish consultant to the Ministry of Science and Higher Education at European Union level in the development of European legislation for professional qualification recognition systems.
Since 2015, he has specialized in building systems for validating professional qualifications in sports based on the EQF ( in Poland – Polish Qualifications Framework) and leads teams describing these qualifications for various disciplines.
- Handled asset restructuring of the largest hotel entities on the Polish market ( ORBIS, ACCOR, Louvre Hotel Groupe, Hotele de Silva)
- Advised Polish sports associations and professional associations of instructors and coaches (with an especial emphasis on skiing, one of his favourite sports among the many in which he is proficient) on their organisational statutes and regulations
- Supported the Sports Institute in all projects commissioned by the Ministry of Sports and Tourism
Education and achievements
- Legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw (1970) Graduated with the Rector’s award and the award for the best master’s thesis in copyright law in Poland; court clerkship (1973)
- Admitted to practice as an attorney (1976)
- admitted to practice as an advocate (2015)
- European Coach Developer course (2019)
Functions in international organizations and arbitration courts
- President of SKILEX INTERNATIONAL – 2000 – 2006
- Arbitrator of the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the Polish Olympic Committee – 1998 -2017
- Arbitrator in the Copyright Commission at the Ministry of Culture and Science – 2006 – 2014
- Arbitrator – Court of Arbitration at the Lewiatan Confederation