Litigation and arbitration
Before joining GESSEL in 2013, gained experience while working with a law firm in Lublin (2008-2010) and with an international law firm in Warsaw (2011). In 2012, worked as a legal assistant at the Lewiatan Arbitration Court, where she coordinated the Lewiatan Arbitration Moot – the first Polish arbitration moot organized by the Lewiatan Arbitration Court and by Young Arbitration Practitioners in Poland for trainees of the Polish advocates’ and attorneys’ bars. Her professional experience includes litigation and day-to-day company law advice.
Maria offers a wealth of experience in litigation and legal services for business enterprises and individual clients in the fields of civil law, commercial law, intellectual property law, labour law and securities law. She has advised clients in disputes regarding, among other issues, infrastructure projects, the IT industry, disputes in M&A transactions and corporate disputes. Her experience also includes cases of infringement of personal rights, including through press publications. She has represented clients in medical law matters, appearing before the courts on behalf of both patients and health care providers.
She cooperates pro bono with the Rodzić po Ludzku and Po Drugie foundations dedicated, respectively, to women’s rights and to supporting at-risk youth.
- Graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin.
- She completed post-graduate studies in the field of medical law at the University of Nicolaus Copernicus in Torun.
- Attended the Advocacy Academy organized by the Institute of Advanced Legal Skills in cooperation with the University of Warsaw.
- Admitted to practice by the Lublin regional bar association in 2013.
- Winner of awards and prizes in competitions including the Law Games and the Taxand Challenge.
- German (basic)