VC & START-UP ZONE
ADVICE FOR START-UPS AND INVESTORS
Here at GESSEL, we appreciate the significance of technology in the dynamically changing reality. In this spirit, we provide multidisciplinary legal support in all aspects of operating and financing start-ups.
GESSEL, working together with Sunfish Partners (the Berlin-based venture capital fund), has drawn up and promotes a set of Model documentation for venture capital investments in Poland, comprising transaction documents of key importance to the investor and the start-up.
These documents draw on international best practices while taking due account of the Polish legal setting and business reality. Our work on the model documents included broad consultations in the Polish venture capital community.
THE INVESTMENT PROCESS
We specialise in advice on investments in innovative start-ups:
- We work on the investor side (venture capital funds, business angels) and start-up sides
- We advise funds and start-ups using aid programmes, especially BRIdge Alfa and PFR Starter
- We have advised on all stages of financing – pre-seed, seed, round A and subsequent rounds
- We advise on all stages of the investment – due diligence, preparation of the company for investment, drafting the investment documentation (e.g. the term sheet, investment agreement, and convertible note), negotiations, and actual implementation
- We advise on secure implementation of incentive schemes for founders and key managers (ESOP, VSOP, others)
By bringing together skills and experience in key areas under one roof, GESSEL provides innovative companies with multidisciplinary advice in the realms of:
- Intellectual property
- Personal data
- New technologies
- Crowdfunding / ICO
- Regulated operations (financial institutions)
- Corporate law
- Capital markets
ESTABLISHMENT OF VENTURE CAPITAL FUNDS
We advise on creation of venture capital funds employing domestic and foreign structures:
- We help select the optimum structure for the new fund
- We draft the founding documents and internal documents
- We cooperate with carefully selected foreign firms in establishment of funds using foreign structures, especially in Luxembourg and Holland.