GESSEL’s new service is addressed to private clients (natural persons), who can now benefit from comprehensive legal advice in all areas of life – private, family, and professional. The service is designed primarily for individuals with a stable financial position – middle and senior management, members of corporate governing bodies, entrepreneurs, real estate owners, senior public officials, artists, and celebrities. Experience from other legal markets attests to considerable demand for private lawyer services in these demographic groups.
The increasing complexity of social, financial, and fiscal mechanisms on the one hand and a growing time deficit on the other conspire to render entrusting one’s affairs to professional advisors an ever more appealing option.
The client benefits from an opportunity to cultivate a long-term relationship rooted in trust and to place her/his various affairs in the hands of a single lawyer with high analytical skills, broad legal knowledge, technical prowess, and good interpersonal skills.
Scope of private lawyer services at GESSEL: privacy protection and image management, family matters, litigation and mediation, taxes, estates, real property, documents, foundations and associations, equity markets.
Areas of practice:
- Privacy protection and reputation management – as social media and the internet become ever more pervasive, an individual’s reputation and image become more exposed to risk;
- Family matters – representation of clients in family matters, e.g. divorce or child custody cases, prenuptial agreements;
- Litigation and mediation – civil, criminal, and family law litigation, including misdemeanours; mediation in family law matters, e.g. division of assets;
- Inheritance and succession management and planning, also in the context of family-owned businesses;
- Employment – we assist senior-level management with management contracts and employment contracts, agreements and contracts regulating employment benefits and severance benefits, share option plans, retirement planning, and management buy-outs / buy-ins;
- Tax planning and advice, disputes with tax authorities, tax optimisation, tax filings;
- Estate management, an area of the law which has undergone considerable change in light of recent amendments to the applicable laws;
- Real estate – assistance in planning and execution of transactions in the real estate market;
- Documents – Drawing up powers of attorney, authorisations, and other legal documents;
- Foundations and associations – advice on establishment of foundations and associations by natural persons, support in their day-to-day operations;
- Equity markets – Legal advice on equity market instruments and information duties.
A lawyer advising private clients typically handles a large number of cases at once. The five-member team charged with GESSEL’s private lawyer practice benefits from the wide-ranging support provided by our firm’s experts in the fields of tax law, employment law, intellectual property law, arbitration, and litigation. In the 20 years of its operations, GESSEL has established good working relationships with professional advisors in the realms of finance and investment.