Areas of practice
GESSEL’s German Desk offers a comprehensive range of legal services to clients from German-speaking countries, advising on German law and Polish law.
We assist Austrian and German companies contemplating investments in Poland or already present in the country; we also advise Polish enterprises on transactions with contracting parties in German-speaking countries. Our seamless legal services in Poland and in German-speaking jurisdictions cover all areas of corporate law, such as:
- Incorporation of companies and attending to their day-to-day functioning
- Drafting, negotiation, and execution of various contracts
- Due diligence studies identifying potential risks affecting potential transactions
- Advice on purchase, lease, and sale of real estate
- Securing administrative decisions and permits necessary for effectuating transactions or conducting business activity in certain fields
- Representation of clients in disputes before the courts and administrative authorities
- Preparation, negotiation, and implementation of documentation for various financial transactions
The rich experience and leadership of Christian Schmidt, a German Rechtsanwalt also admitted to practice in Poland (partner in GESSEL in charge of the German Desk), in advising Austrian and German clients guarantees legal services of the highest quality.