Karol has extensive experience advising on asset and share transactions, restructuring transactions and financial matters. Has advised on a number of high-profile transactions for buyers and sellers in various industries, including IT, manufacturing, retail and real estate. Has also worked with banks, private equity and venture capital funds. Joined GESSEL in 2010.
Works with Polish and international funds and international banks and advises at all stages of complex transactions (on the buyer and seller sides) on share deal and asset deal transactions and corporate restructuring. Advises Polish and international companies, founders and listed companies.
Has structured many transactions, demonstrating his excellent analytical skills and extensive knowledge of various legal fields. Has repeatedly demonstrated his talent for negotiating the complex elements of transactions on both the seller’s and buyer’s sides, and for drafting shareholders’ agreements. Has led restructuring projects involving bank debt buyouts and leveraged buyouts, as well as advised on representations and warranties liability mechanisms, including those based on W&I insurance.
Enjoys travelling the world, especially to tropical destinations.
- BNP Paribas Bank Poland’s investment in the High Perch Group
- Medicalgorithmics S.A.’s acquisition of an investment from Biofund LLC
- Eco Classic’s investment in the company I am Poznan
- Investment by Vercom S.A., an R22 Group company, in MailerLite Group companies
- Investment of Raya Holding for Financial Investments S.A.E. a company listed on the Egyptian Stock Exchange in Makarony Polskie S.A., a public company listed on the WSE
- R22 S.A. and H88 S.A. investment in Sellintegro sp. z o.o.
- Purchase of Hotel Sielanka on the Pilica River by the owners of the Lode Group
- Sale of Simple S.A., a public company listed on the WSE, through a tender offer announced by Total Specific Solutions, a Constellation Software Inc. group entity
- Repurchase of H88 shares from 3TS Capital Partners fund
- Sale of Veracomp S.A.’s business to an entity that is part of the Exclusive Networks international group
- Acquisition by Columbus Energy S.A. of shares in twenty-seven special purpose companies holding rights to photovoltaic farm projects
- Investment in Profi sp. z o.o. by a group of individual investors
- Vercom S.A.’s investment in Userengage sp. z o.o.
- Lux Med Group’s investment in Swissmed Private Medical Service, a public company listed on NewConnect (transaction value: PLN 14.5 million)
- Sale of shares in Profim to Flokk Group by way of share exchange
- Sale of 100% of FPiN Wapienica shares to Leszek Sobik
- Acquisition by H88 and its shareholders of an investment from the 3TS Capital Partners fund
GESSEL named among merger and acquisition leaders in the Mergermarket 2022 report
The Global & Regional M&A League Tables 2022 report by Mergermarket ranks our firm as 5th in Poland, and 17th in Central and Eastern Europe, in terms of transact...
Education and achievements
- Legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw (2011)
- Centre for English and European Law organized by the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw and the British foundation Juris Angliae Scientia Ltd. (2012)
- Center for American Law at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw organized in cooperation with the University of Florida Levin College of Law (2010)
- Mediation and Negotiation Course organized by the Center for Dispute and Conflict Resolution at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw (2009)
- IFLR 1000 recommended for ranking in M&A category in 2018-2020
- Legal500 recommended for ranking in 2021-2022