Małgorzata has many years of experience in servicing business entities. She mainly deals with financing transactions, including financing of company acquisitions, real estate transactions and investment projects, as well as debt refinancing. She specializes in transactions of financing acquisition and day-to-day servicing of entrepreneurs, particularly in the legal aspects of financing businesses, including the conclusion of loan agreements and the terms and conditions of bond issues in private placements.
Małgorzata joined GESSEL in 2010, initially as managing associate and then, from 2016, as partner. She heads the Banking & Finance practice.
She specializes in aqcuisition of financing transactions and advises at every stage of them. She works with both the providers of financing (banks, financial institutions, private debt funds) and the beneficiaries of such financing. The team she leads prepares and negotiates loan documentation, documentation related to bond issues, collateral documentation. She conducts debt restructuring processes of capital groups, securitization transactions and transactions involving the acquisition of debt portfolios, including those involving the purchase of bank receivables.
Participates in the firm’s M&A transactions in the private market, including cooperation with private equity and venture capital funds. He lectures at the Postgraduate Studies in Capital Market Law and Economics and at the Regional Chamber of Legal Advisors in Warsaw.
Selectes projects M&A
- Eco Classic’s investment in the company I am Poznan
- Sale of majority stake in inFakt sp. z o.o. to Visma Group (portfolio company of Hg Capital)
- Sale of Simple S.A., a public company listed on the WSE, through a tender offer announced by Total Specific Solutions, a Constellation Software Inc. group entity
- Sale of Veracomp S.A.’s business to an entity that is part of the Exclusive Networks international group
- Investment in Profi sp. z o.o. by a group of individual investors
- Wirtualna Polska Holding S.A.’s investment in Superauto24.com sp. z o.o.
- R22’s investment in Romanian web hosting companies Gazduire Web, mxHost and xServers (deal value: €5.3 million)
- Sale by CAM Media S.A. 100% of the shares of Ad-Vice sp. z o.o. to Ströer Polska sp. z o.o.
- BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A.’s investment in CCIG Group sp. z o.o.
Selectes projects Private Equity
- BNP Paribas Bank Poland’s investment in the High Perch Group
- Investment by Inplus sp. z o.o., a portfolio company of Accession Capital Partners, in Smart Factor sp. z o.o.
- BNP Paribas Bank Polska’s investment in Autenti
- Accession Capital Partners fund’s investment in Inplus-Cenatorium
- Resource Partners fund’s investment in Buglo Play
- Granting of financing in the amount of PLN 110 million for investments in photovoltaic farm projects between DC24 ASI and Columbus Energy S.A.
- Sale of shares of R2G Polska sp. z o. o., operating under the Apaczka brand, to Abris Capital Partners Ltd. fund
- Sale of shares in MBL Group by Mezzanine Management fund to INVL Baltic Sea Growth Fund
- The sale of a stake in PayPro S.A. (operator of Przelewy24) to Nets Denmark a.s. (a portfolio company of Hellman & Friedman, Advent International and Bain Capital)
- Repurchase of H88 shares from 3TS Capital Partners fund
- BNP Paribas Bank Polska‘s investment in Dafo Plastics S.A.
- Polimex Mostostal’s acquisition of control over Energomontaż – Północ Belchatow
- BNP Paribas Bank Polska’s investment in JARS sp. z o.o.
- Sale of shares in Profim to Flokk Group by way of share exchange
- BNP Paribas Bank Polska’s investment in PG Energetyka and indirectly in Elektromontaż Poznań S.A.
- Leveraged management buyout of Exact Systems S.A with participation of CVI fund
- Sale of shares in Kuźnia Jawor S.A. by the First Private Equity FIZAN fund
- Bounty Brands’ investment in the company Bezgluten
- Mezzanine Management fund’s investment in Nettle S.A.
- Sale of majority stake in Inelo Poland and OCRK Poland to Innova Capital fund
- Investment of BNP Paribas Bank Polska TLC Group
- Sale of majority stake in Profim to Innova Capital fund
- Sale of shares in companies controlling MILA chain of stores to Eurocash (transaction value: PLN 350 million)
- Mezzanine Management fund’s investment in DP Poland plc.
- Acquisition by H88 and its shareholders of an investment from the 3TS Capital Partners fund
- Mezzanine Management fund’s investment in MBL company
- Ponar Silesia S.A. group’s acquisition of an investment from BNP Paribas Bank Poland
- Mezzanine Management fund’s investment in Private Equity Managers S.A.
- Support of ACP Credit for investment in Biomed – Lublin Wytwórnia Surowic i Szczepionek S.A.
- Support of Amazon Filtres Ltd. in establishing collateral on its Polish subsidiary
- Support of Modular Systems sp. z o.o. with financing provided by Bank Polska Kasa Opieki S.A.
- Support of BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A. in financing a Napollo Group company
- Support of a consortium of banks: BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A., ING Bank Slaski S.A., City Bank Handlowy S.A. in financing Nałęczów Zdrój sp. z o.o.
- Another round of financing for Autenti sp. z o.o. by BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A.
- Support of Resource Partners fund in obtaining bank financing for investment in Buglo company
- Support of PKO Bank Polski S.A. in the acquisition and financing of Dagat-ECO sp. z o.o. and Omikon 3 sp. z o.o.
- Support for the establishment of New Energy Investments Sp. z o.o. (a company in the Columbus Energy S.A. group), a bond issue program of up to PLN 500 million and the issue of the first series of bonds worth PLN 75 million directed through a private placement to Bank Ochrony Środowiska S.A.
- Advising Benefit Systems S.A. as issuer and Haitong Bank S.A., Polish Branch, acting as Issue Organizer, Dealer, Calculation Agent and Documentation Agent in the preparation of a bond issue program worth PLN 100 million, conducting a public offering in connection with the issue of series A and B bonds, each worth PLN 50 million, and admitting both series of bonds to trading on the ATS of the WSE
- Legal advice to the lender in the process of providing financing in the amount of PLN 110 million to Columbus Energy S.A.
- Supporting Sunfish Partners in an investment round in which the fund, together with Chiratae Ventures and Joyance Partners, invested in Aether Biomedical.
- Support of PGB Holdco B.V. and its subsidiaries in the process of obtaining financing for, among other things, the construction, start-up and maintenance of numerous biogas plants in Poland
- Advising H88 and R22 in the repurchase of the last block of shares in H88 and the acquisition of financing by the R22 Group from a consortium of banks: mBank and ING Bank
- Support of BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A. in a new round of financing for the company Dafo Plastics S.A.
- Advising a group of individual investors on an investment in Profi Sp. z o.o.
- Support of BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A. in another investment in Asprod sp. z o.o.
- Advising the Inovo Venture Partners fund on the next round of financing for the Szczecin-based company Tidio Poland
- Supporting SonarHome in raising venture debt financing
- Support of BNP Paribas Bank Poland S.A. in the investment in Dafo Plastics S.A.
- Support of BNP Paribas Bank Poland S.A. in the investment in TLC Group
- Support of BNP Paribas Bank Poland S.A. in the investment in CCIG Group sp. z o.o.
- Support of GOOD FOOD PRODUCTS SP. Z O.O. in signing the Credit Agreement with BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A.
- Support Polish Foundry Group in bond issue and Catalyst market debut
- Support of mBank S.A. in the process of providing financing to Oxylion S.A.
- Support from mBank S.A. for debt financing for the buyout of Stone Master S.A. shares
We advised on yet another BNP Paribas investment in Poland
We are proud to have again advised BNP Paribas Bank Polska S.A. – this time in LED Labs S.A., a producer of high quality LED lighting. Our comprehensive support incl...
GESSEL advises on the acquisition of PCB Technical Solutions
Our lawyers provided legal support to Sescom S.A. in its acquisition, through a subsidiary, of a 100% stake in the English company PCB Technical Solutions Limited. Ou...
GESSEL advises VirtusLab Group on a landmark merger in the IT sector
GESSEL provided multidisciplinary legal support to VirtusLab in its takeover of SoftwareMill, a computer programme consultant. We are proud to have assisted our Client i...
GESSEL named among merger and acquisition leaders in the Mergermarket 2022 report
The Global & Regional M&A League Tables 2022 report by Mergermarket ranks our firm as 5th in Poland, and 17th in Central and Eastern Europe, in terms of transact...
Education and achievements
- Legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of Warsaw University (1998)
- Postgraduate studies in competition law at the Institute for the Protection of Invention and Intellectual Property at Jagiellonian University (1999)
- Legal advisor apprenticeship at the District Chamber of Legal Advisors in Warsaw (2003)