Long years of experience representing clients from Poland and abroad in complex litigation and arbitration proceedings.
Paweł extensive experience in litigation and arbitration. Supports clients at every stage of a dispute: from negotiation, through the proceedings, to enforcement of the resulting settlements.
Represents clients in complex matters including, among others, corporate, construction, transactional and IT disputes, as well as white-collar crime criminal proceedings. Has advised on many cases with international elements.
With GESSEL since 2012.
- Representation in disputes, including: seizure of the company’s shares under a registered pledge agreement, assumption of operational control in the company and termination of the dispute by carrying out a sale of the company to satisfy the client’s receivables, as well as representation in arbitration proceedings and in collateral proceedings before a court of law
- Representation of the company’s group of shareholders, including sitting on the body of the company-owner of one of the largest Polish chain stores in the industry, and representation in numerous court proceedings involving shareholders, members of the governing bodies and the company
- Representation and advice – both on the side of the plaintiff and the defendant – in proceedings involving liability of members of the company’s management board for acts to the detriment of the company, revocation/validation of resolutions, concerning e.g. abolition of dematerialization of shares, allocation of profit, approval of reports, granting of discharge, etc. execution of agreements with members of company bodies, including managerial contracts, non-competition agreements and others
- Representation before courts and advice in disputes arising against the background of acquisitions of companies, including holding companies, in the medical industry
- Representation and advice in disputes against the background of the acquisition of companies – manufacturers in various markets, including: glass, paper and food
- Representation before the court in a dispute between an aviation company and one of the company’s founders and a former partner
- Representation before the court and advice in disputes arising from a transaction involving a company in the waste industry
- Representation of the general contractor in court a dispute with the investor against the background of the construction of a hotel/conference centre
- Representation of a company providing surveying services in a dispute with a general contractor before the courts against the background of surveying services for a project involving the modernization of a railroad line
- Representation of the contractor, a participant in a consortium, in arbitration proceedings in a dispute with the investor concerning the extension of the sewage network
- Representation of contractors and investors at the stage of proceedings before the Supreme Court in cassation appeal cases
- Other selected civil law disputes
- Representation of an IT company in disputes over the implementation of IT systems for various government entities
- Representation of investment funds in disputes with the former depositary (bank) arising in connection with the process of changing the depositary
- Representation of fund participants in a dispute with an Investment Fund Company
- Representation of the fund liquidator (depositary bank) in proceedings [completed] before the Supreme Court concerning the liquidation of the fund
Criminal and criminal fiscal proceedings
- Representation of a listed company in a final conviction proceeding based on a subsidiary indictment against a former board member, including charges of acting to the detriment of the company and misappropriation in a continuous act
- Representation of a member of a listed company’s governing body in criminal proceedings involving charges of participation in an organized criminal group and bribery
- Representation of a member of a bank’s body in criminal proceedings involving charges of participation in an organized criminal group and acting to the detriment of the company
- Representation of the company’s partners in criminal and fiscal proceedings involving charges of tax exposure and use of unreliable VAT invoices
- Representation of the company’s CEO in a case involving allegations of participation in an organized criminal group and defrauding an undue VAT refund
Education and achievements
- Legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Silesia (2009)