Bartłomiej Woźniak PhD
Specializes in M&A, Banking and finance, commercial and company law.
Before joining GESSEL in 2014, worked at a leading international law firm and at the State Treasury Solicitors’ Office (Prokuratoria Generalna Skarbu Państwa). While still a student, contributed to the Legal Clinic at the University of Warsaw and to the Property Law Clinic of the Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights. Also led classes for students at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw.
Worked with many private equity and venture capital funds, advising on share deal- and asset deal-type transactions on the buyer as well as seller sides. Also advised on buy-out transactions (including LBOs and MBOs) and on expansion capital transactions. Has experience with organised divestment processes, with transactions involving representations and warranties insurance (which is a novel concept in Polish legal dealing) and with cross-border / multi-jurisdiction projects.
- graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration at the University of Warsaw (2013)
- completed a degree in finance and accountancy at the Warsaw School of Economics
- completed courses at the Centre for American Law Studies operated by the University of Warsaw in co-operation with the University of Florida
- admitted to practice as an advocate in 2017
- completed his doctoral thesis, “Trust Estate Protection Aspect of Real Subrogation in the European Legal Tradition”, at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw (2019)
- author of publications and speaker at conferences devoted, among other topics, to harmonization of private law.