Dominika has specialized in tax law for 23 years. Advises clients in Poland and abroad on a variety of tax matters, assists in the settlement of tax credits (e.g., R&D relief, IP Box relief, new investment relief), handles tax planning and company restructuring.
Heads the tax law department at GESSEL. Has over 23 years of professional experience in legal and tax advice. Specializes in providing comprehensive tax services to business entities, particularly in respect of income taxes, international taxes, VAT and tax on civil law transactions. Advises on the settlement of various tax credits and deductions, deals with tax planning projects and company restructuring, conducts tax due diligence projects and tax reviews. Represents clients in tax and court proceedings, conducts general and thematic tax trainings.
Previous professional experience at international consulting firms (Mazars, Deloitte). Prior to joining GESSEL, was a tax partner at Arena Tax, a tax advisory firm.
- Involved in implementing R&D and IP Box relief for clients in the new technology, IT, and cosmetics industries and financial institutions
- Involved in implementation of the new investment tax credit, including advice on the settlement of the tax credit for entities in the manufacturing industry
- Advised financial institutions on, among other matters, domestic and foreign sub-participation and securitization transactions
- Provides tax support for business reorganizations for clients in the financial and real estate industries (demergers, division of functions and assets, divestiture of business and organized parts of business)
- Provides tax advice on business divestitures (share and asset transactions)
- Advises on incentive plans for employees and associates
- Leads copyright implementation projects for employees
- Deals with the recovery of taxes overpaid by clients
- Supports clients in choosing the right form of taxation
- Represents clients in litigation and tax disputes
- Represents clients in interpretation proceedings and in connection with withholding tax refunds
- Advises on international structuring of business (including issues of permanent establishment, fixed place of business, withholding tax, differences in taxation across jurisdictions, actual conduct of business, tax on foreign controlled companies)
- Conducts numerous tax reviews and tax due diligence (including biotechnology companies, financial institutions, trading, manufacturing, service companies);
- Advises on tax recognition of provisions and allowances for bad debts
- Assists with MDR analysis
- Prepares tax strategies and other necessary internal procedures
We advised the partners and founders of PROFIT4YOU Group
We advised the partners and founders of PROFIT4YOU Group in the transaction to sell the company to the TEP Capital fund. On the part of GESSEL, the project was managed ...
We advised on the sale of shares in Velvet Care to Partners Group
GESSEL advised the management team of Velvet Care in the transaction to secure a new investor for the company in the person of Partners Group, a global private equity fi...
We advised Webcon on the MCI fund’s investment.
GESSEL provided legal and tax support to Webcon and its founders on the investment by the MCI fund, which acquired a 65.05 percent stake in Webcon, assuming the position...
A new book by GESSEL lawyers
“Lease Agreement for Commercial Space”, edited by Maciej Boryczko, the partner in charge of GESSEL’s real estate practice, is now available for pre-order with Wolters Kl...
Education and achievements
- Legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of Maria Curie-Skłodowska University (2002)
- Comparative International Law at the University of Strasbourg (2002)
- Examination for tax advisor (2004)
- Admitted to practice as an attorney (2013)