Managing partner. Heads the Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity practice, drawing on over 20 years of experience in transactions of this kind.
Marcin joined GESSEL law firm in 1999. In 2007, he became a partner, and in 2017 – managing partner. He leads the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and Private Equity practices.
Marcin specializes in capital transactions in the public and private markets. He has over 20 years’ experience advising on M&A transactions, both on the seller’s and buyer’s side. An important part of Marcin’s practice is working with private equity and venture capital funds, both in the formation and raising of funds as well as in investments (especially in the form of buy-outs or expansion capital) and exit transactions via sale of given portfolio assets to strategic investors, to financial investors, and stock flotations.
Marcin also specializes in structuring and executing leveraged buyout transactions. His experience covers comprehensive legal support for all types of M&A transactions, including cross-border ventures. Marcin has led GESSEL’s project teams in more than 100 transactions, including the largest M&A and private equity transactions completed in Poland and the CEE region.
- Enterprise Investors fund’s investment in Bisar S.A. (Transaction value: PLN 125 million)
- Buyout of shares in Polska Grupa Biogazowa S.A. from PFR and their sale to TotalEnergies Group
- Sale of a majority stake in Suwara S.A., a public company listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, to Plast-Box. (Transaction value: approximately PLN 100 million)
- Sale of shares in Zielona-Energia.com Logistics to EDP Energia Polska Group sp. z o.o. (a global leader in renewable energy and PV solutions)
- Anwim S.A.’s investment, a portfolio company of Enterprise Investors, in the Dutch company The Fuel Company Holding B.V.
- Sale of Asist to PIB Group, one of Europe’s largest agency and brokerage market groups
- Sale of Famed Żywiec sp. z o.o. by PE fund EMSA Capital
- Lux Med Group’s investment in Medtour sp. z o.o.
- Lux Med Group’s investment in Swissmed Centrum Zdrowia, a public company listed on the WSE
- Lux Med Group’s investment in HIFU CLINIC urology clinic
- Call for 100% of shares in OEX S.A., a public company listed on the WSE
- Sale of reinsurance broker Smartt Group to brokerage group MJM Holdings
- Acquisition of 100% of Skyrise.Tech shares by Finnish public company Etteplan Oyj
- Sale of JARS S.A. to GBA Group
- Lux Med Group’s purchase of St. Elizabeth’s multispecialty hospital in Warsaw
- Increased involvement of the Enterprise Investors fund in Anwim S.A., operator of MOYA gas stations
- OEX S.A.’s investment in iPOS S.A.
- Investment by Anwim S.A., a portfolio company of the Enterprise Investors fund, in the eMila chain of unmanned gas stations
- Sale of a stake in XTRF Systems S.A. by Experior Venture Fund
- Sale of majority stake in Akomex Group by Highlander Partners fund
- Enterprise Investors fund’s sale of shares in Danwood S.A. to Korean firm GS Engineering & Construction (value of transaction: €140 million)
- Acquisition by Lux Med Group of Niepubliczny Zakład Opieki Zdrowotnej REMEDIUM sp. z o.o. in Nowy Sącz
- Sale of a stake in PayPro S.A. (operator of Przelewy24) to Nets Denmark a.s. (a portfolio company of Hellman & Friedman, Advent International and Bain Capital)
- Acquisition of 100% of Platinum Wines sp. z o.o. by Jantoń, a portfolio company of the Enterprise Investors fund
- Enterprise Investors fund’s sale of 100% of 3S S.A. shares to Play (value of the transaction: PLN 410 million)
- Sale of ArchiDoc S.A. by OEX S.A. to Offsite Archive Storage & Integrated Services (OASIS) (transaction value: PLN 65 million).
- Lux Med Group’s investment in Optimum Head and Neck Clinic
- Polish Biogas Group S.A.’s acquisition of investment from PFR
- Enterprise Investors fund’s investment in a significant minority stake in Anwim S.A., operator of MOYA gas stations
- Sale by Bioton S.A. A 95.6% stake in Australian-listed Singaporean company SciGen to Chinese pharmaceutical company Yifan International Pharmaceutical (deal value: $56.7 billion)
- Lux Med Group’s investment in Swissmed Private Medical Service, a public company listed on NewConnect (transaction value: PLN 14.5 million)
- Leveraged management buyout of Exact Systems S.A with participation of CVI fund
- Sale of majority stake in Velvet Care sp. z o.o. by Avallon fund to Abris Capital Partners fund
- Enterprise Investors fund’s investment in Jantoń
- Enterprise Investors fund’s sale of shares in Harper Hygienics S.A., a public company listed on the WSE, to Latvian firm iCotton SIA
- Sale of shares in companies controlling MILA chain of stores to Eurocash (transaction value: PLN 350 million)
- Sale by the Krokus PE fund of 100% of Comfort S.A. shares to the Goldbeck group
- Highlander Partners fund’s investment in Rotometal
- Sale of a 32.99% stake in Skarbiec Holding, a public company listed on the WSE, by the Enterprise Investors fund
- Sale by the Krokus PE fund of a stake in Catermed S.A. to Naprzód S.A.
- Sale of 100% of Madej Wróbel’s shares to Bruno Tassi
- Lux Med Group’s investment in the Prima-Dent chain of specialist facilities
- Sale of a controlling stake in Novita S.A., a company listed on the WSE, to Tebesa sp. z o.o., a subsidiary of Vaporjet Ltd.
- Sale by the Highlander Partners fund of 100% of the shares of ProService Agent Transferowy sp. z o.o. to funds managed by Oaktree European Principal Group and Cornerstone Partners
- Sale by the Highlander Partners fund of 100% of the shares in ZREW Transformatory S.A. to Rauscher & Stoecklin International Holding
- Sale of 100% of SALMO to FOX International Group Limited
- Sale of 100% of shares in Casus Finanse S.A. to the Lindorff Group
- Lux Med Group’s investment in Magodent (operator of oncology hospitals)
- Lux Med Group’s investment in Medicor Medical Center
- Sale of 100% of OBRAM S.A. shares to TETRA PAK
- Lux Med Group’s investment in the company in Enel-Med diagnostic facilities (transaction value: PLN 52 million)
- Mezzanine Management fund’s investment in Private Equity Managers S.A.
- Acquisition of a 60% stake in food company QFG by Highlander Partners fund
- Sale of Gemini Pharmacy Group shares to Warburg Pincus fund
- Enterprise Investors fund’s investment in 3S S.A. (Transaction value: PLN 86 million)
- The sale by the Enterprise Investors fund of 100% of shares in GAMET S.A. to Stalmot & Wolmet S.A.
- Acquisition of DRUK-PAK by AKOMEX, a company backed by the Highlander Partners fund
- Acquisition of 100% of shares in the Slovenian company Adria Airways Tehnika d.d. by Linetech Holding S.A.
GESSEL advises on the acquisition of PCB Technical Solutions
Our lawyers provided legal support to Sescom S.A. in its acquisition, through a subsidiary, of a 100% stake in the English company PCB Technical Solutions Limited. Ou...
GESSEL named among merger and acquisition leaders in the Mergermarket 2022 report
The Global & Regional M&A League Tables 2022 report by Mergermarket ranks our firm as 5th in Poland, and 17th in Central and Eastern Europe, in terms of transact...
GESSEL advises PGB Holdco
GESSEL provided legal support to PGB Holdco in its sale of a 100% stake in Polska Grupa Biogazowa S.A., a leading Polish producer of biogas-based electricity, to the Fre...
GESSEL honoured in Chambers Europe 2023
Chambers and Partners have announced the results of their Europe 2022 ranking. We are proud to point out that our firm has strengthened its position in Band 1 of the Cor...
Education and achievements
- Legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw (2000)
- Admitted to practice as an attorney in (2005)