Specializes in M&A transactions, private equity, venture capital, as well as in current corporate advice for Polish and foreign clients.
A partner in the M&A practice.
Gaines his experience in transactions in the technology, media and telecommunications (TMT), renewable energy, healthcare and aviation sectors. Michał advised buyers and sellers in some of Poland’s largest transactions, particularly technology transactions involving global private equity funds, payment institutions, e-commerce entities and software providers (including SaaS). Is actively involved in global legal alliances, including Lawyers Associated Worldwide and IR Global.
- Acquisition by Virtuslab sp. z o.o. (a portfolio company of Aquiline Capital Partners) 100% of the shares of Softwaremill S.A.
- Sale of a majority stake in Hymon Fotowoltaika sp. z o.o. to a consortium of Kajima Partnership Europe and Griffin Capital Partners
- Sale of majority stake in Selsey sp. z o.o. to Wirtualna Polska Media sp. z o.o., together with the establishment of a joint venture between Selsey sp. z o.o. and Homebook sp. z o.o.
- Investment by Famur S.A. and DC24 ASI in Impact Clean Power Technology S.A.
- Sale of a stake in PayPro S.A. (operator of Przelewy24) to Nets Denmark a.s. (a portfolio company of Hellman & Friedman, Advent International and Bain Capital) Klima Energy Transition’s (Alantra Group) investment in Sunroof Technology
- Sale of a stake in Virtuslab sp. z o.o. to Aquiline Capital Partners LLC
- Acquisition of investment by BaseLinker from Kulczyk Investments
- Sale of majority stake in Infakt sp. z o.o. to Visma Group (portfolio company of Hg Capital)
- Sale of Motionvfx business to Nextline (first transaction in Poland involving search funds, a management buyout entity with the support of global invest
- Sale of shares of R2G Polska sp. z o. o., operating under the Apaczka brand, to Abris Capital Partners Ltd. fund
- Establishment of a joint venture and provision of financing in the amount of PLN 110 million for investment in photovoltaic farm projects between DC24 ASI and Columbus Energy S.A.
- Acquisition by Columbus Energy S.A. of shares in twenty-seven special purpose vehicles holding rights to photovoltaic farm projects
- Acquisition by Dialcom24 of Infinite sp. z o.o. from Emperia Holding S.A., a Maxima Groupe company
- Inovo Venture Partners‘ investment in Sunroof Technology
- Sale of MZN Property S.A. a public company listed on the WSE through a tender offer announced by Ringier Axel Springer Media
- Investment by btov Partners in Neptune Labs
- Sale of a stake in the Avia Prime group (Linetech and Adria Airways Tehnika d.d.) to the Hartenberg Holding fund
- Sale of a majority stake in Inelo Poland and OCRK Poland to the Innova Capital fund
- DC24 ASI’s investment in Syntoil S.A.
- Dialcom24’s investment in Depilacja.pl
- Investment of Wirtualna Polska Media in the company AutoCentrum.pl
- Sunfish Partners‘ investment in Aether Biomedical
- Sale of Archidoc S.A. by OEX S.A. to Offsite Archive Storage & Integrated Services (OASIS) (transaction value: PLN 65 million)
- Sale of shares in companies controlling MILA chain of stores to Eurocash (transaction value: PLN 350 million)
- Investment by VC fund Sunfish Partners in the company Molecule One
- Investment by Inovo Venture Partners in the company Tidio Poland
- Investment of Finch Capital and Sunfush Partners in the PerfOps company
- Investment of Wirtualna Polska Holding S.A. in COM sp. z o.o.
- Sale of a majority stake in Fast White Cat S.A. to SARE S.A.
- Acquisition of 100% of shares in the Slovenian company Adria Airways Tehnika d.d.by Linetech Holding S.A.
- Investment of Przelewy24 Group in Currency One S.A.
- Investment of BNP Paribas Bank Polska in the TLC group
GESSEL advises VirtusLab Group on a landmark merger in the IT sector
GESSEL provided multidisciplinary legal support to VirtusLab in its takeover of SoftwareMill, a computer programme consultant. We are proud to have assisted our Client i...
GESSEL named among merger and acquisition leaders in the Mergermarket 2022 report
The Global & Regional M&A League Tables 2022 report by Mergermarket ranks our firm as 5th in Poland, and 17th in Central and Eastern Europe, in terms of transact...
GESSEL honoured in Chambers Europe 2023
Chambers and Partners have announced the results of their Europe 2022 ranking. We are proud to point out that our firm has strengthened its position in Band 1 of the Cor...
GESSEL advises on the sale of Hymon Fotowoltaika
Our lawyers assisted BNS Capital in its sale of a 70% stake in Hymon Fotowoltaika to Griffin Capital Partners and Kajima Partnerships Europe, drawing up the transaction ...
Education and achievements
- Postgraduate study “Academy of Companies” at the Warsaw School of Economics (2012)
- Participant of the Erasmus program at the Faculty of Law, University of Lapland, Finland (2009)
- Legal studies at the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Szczecin (2010)