Areas of practice
Banking and Finance
GESSEL provides comprehensive legal services with respect to financing in the form of credit facilities, bond issues, and loans. We advise on various forms of corporate finance, acquisition finance (including leveraged buyouts), and mezzanine loans on the lender as well as borrower sides. Our Clients include Polish and international banks and financial institutions, mezzanine funds, bondholders and bond issuers.
We also advise on the restructuring of existing debts, representing lenders, borrowers, enterprises in the course of restructuring, and prospective purchasers of distressed assets. Our lawyers have also advised on purchase and sale of receivables and of their attendant security.
The services offered by us in any given instance are tailored to the needs of the Client and to the features and context of the transaction at hand. In particular, the members of GESSEL’s banking and finance practice support Clients with:
- Devising the structures of new financing projects, restructuring of existing debts;
- Identification of limitations with respect to new financing, structuring security with due heed for financing already granted;
- Drafting and negotiation of financing documents – full credit documentation, mezzanine loan documentation, bond issue documentation, and collateral and security documentation;
- Confirmation of the validity and effectiveness of financing and security documents to the benefit of lenders, also in the form of legal opinions;
- Analysis and confirmation of fulfilment of the applicable financing conditions;
- Drafting and negotiation of documents concerning acquisition and sale of receivables;
- Comprehensive services with respect to registering security and transferring security onto another entity;
- Drafting and negotiation of documents concerning transaction settlements, including escrow account agreements and trust agreements.
Our established cooperation with selected law firms in other jurisdictions enables us to advise on projects with a foreign law element on a one-stop shop basis.
In 2015 and 2016, GESSEL law firm was distinguished in the Legal 500 ranking among recommended companies in banking and finance.
GESSEL’s banking and finance practice is headed by the experienced of Małgorzata Badowska, partner.