Areas of practice
GESSEL provides a comprehensive set of legal services for corporate entities. Drawing on their long years of experience in the corporate and commercial legal spheres, our lawyers advise on:
- Establishment and transformation / reorganisation of companies, on mergers, and on winding down;
- Current operations of companies;
- Day-to-day corporate matters like operation of a company’s governing bodies and drafting documents such as resolutions, shareholder agreements, and cooperation agreements;
- Legal aspects of corporate reorganisations, preparation of internal regulations;
- Corporate governance;
- Disclosure duties with respect to publicly listed companies (drafting of the relevant documentation, day-to-day advice).
Legal advice on company establishment
We have rich experience with all aspects of incorporation of new companies, drawing up all the relevant documents (including shareholders agreements and articles of association) and representing Clients in National Court Register proceedings. We also advise on obtainment of special permits and licences required for some types of regulated activity.
We advise foundations and associations, at the establishment stage as well as in day-to-day operations.
Our Clients include Polish as well as foreign companies and financial institutions – publicly listed as well as privately held – active in an assortment of sectors. We advise brokerage houses, investment firms, and investment fund societies.
In order to ensure a full range of quality legal services in the area of establishing companies and branches in other jurisdictions, we cooperate with a number of renowned foreign law firms.
Company law – Our dedicated professionals
Our main go-to person with regard to company law is Aldona Pietrzak, partner. Her core company law team benefits from the support of Leszek Koziorowski and Krzysztof Marczuk, the partners leading GESSEL’s capital markets practice; they advise on the nexus of company law and securities law, especially as regards performance of the reporting duties incumbent on public companies. GESSEL also benefits from the cooperation of Prof Marek Michalski, a leading authority on Polish company law.